I am presently in that position and have created a "Help Wanted" ad see below
- friendly, outgoing and possess a positive attitude
- Have an eye for design
- Willing to learn all aspects of the floral/barista/gift industry
- Able to take the initiative and handle tasks with confidence
- Able to multi-task.
- Good organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Have manual dexterity
- Neat and legible hand writing
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Previous barista experience an asset
- Assist customers with flower choices
- Receive and process flowers and hard goods
- Process customer orders in person, over the phone or via website.
- Prepare and sell coffee drinks
- Maintain a clean and appealing work area and store front.
- Price incoming stock
- Restock shelves
Common sense items in my world
- you sell an arrangement, you need to make one.
- you spill something, you need to wipe it up.
- flowers need to be processed every 3 days.
- you sell something off the shelf, you need to fill that void, either by moving product forward or bringing out new stock.
- you empty something, you need to fill it.
- at the end of the day, the work area needs to be clean.
- you need to tidy up continually, throughout the day.
- you need to be polite and friendly, it is your job to make people feel welcome in my store.
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment. I love to hear what you think.