Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday's Tips--off to Europe with a travel journal (part 3)

Well we have the album bound.

Time to think about adding some pizazz to the pages.
I am offering this as a workshop so I wanted pages that were quick, and easy to duplicate and yet still offered some creative leeway.

So this week's tip is all about  economics.
Have a number of people making the same item and you want to keep cost down...use stamps.
 Stamps are an endless supply of images in a multitude of colors.

These are the stamps I used




And I must say the stamp set
from the "Year Noted" promo is a jewel. At first glance, I thought "how often would I use this set"
Now that I have it.  I use it a lot.
The "journaling lines" and "date" images are perfect for this album.

Note: these are all stamps I had on hand, you could use any travel-ish stamps or go through your stamps and find those that have arrows & stars and funky saying on them.  You don't need to buy a specific stamp set to re-create this project.  You just need to be inventive.

 I made a journaling card for each paper bag page.  I kept the layout the same.
Journaling lines in the bottom right corner, date stamp above and then a couple of random images.
see below.

I stuck to just two colors of ink---Slate & Lagoon.
Cardstock is Daisy white (although the lighting is kinda bad and it looks more like colonial white)
and  matted on Slate.

When I offer the workshop I will give them a choice of paper bags (slate, yellow or lagoon)
and a choice of  mats--Slate, Canary--Lagoon.


Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment. I love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann