Sunday, March 4, 2012



This is sooo cool.
And I must admit the idea is not mine
I found it on this site ..Lift Bridge Cards and Crafts

I usuually do a step by step tutorial but why re-invent the wheel

So...click on the site link above to see how to do it.
Click on the video to see the book in action
And scroll down below the video to see what I did





From March 4, 201T2

This is the outside of the book--before I have prettied it up.
Now I liked what they did at "Lift Bridge Cards and Crafts",
but it didn't really suit my purpose
The very last project my husband did before he died in 2006
was to build a Spray Park for Trochu
Technically, the Trochu Ag. Society built the park,
but Brian was there, morning, noon & night.
He started in the spring
and was obsessed with getting this project completed before the end of summer.
I took photos of the whole process
....a...lot...of...photos.

But really, how interesting is a whole 12x12 album full of construction
and how much journaling can you do??
So all my photos (over 100)
 now live in this cute little 4 1/4 x 10  tower flag album

From March 4, 2012


So, this is all I did the first day
scored a 9 x 12 piece of cardstock for the spine
covered the outside of the covers
attached the "scored" spine to the covers
and then
grabbed two paint stir stick, and a couple of claps
and let it sit over nite
(this helps your spine remember that is scored)


From March 4, 2012

When you open the book
you can see I have 3 sets of pages
the top and bottom pages were 3 3/4 x 3 1/4 (16 in all)
the middle pages were 3 3/4 x 2 1/4 (8 of these)
Okay,
I can see the wheels turning--how did I get over 100 pics onto 24 pages??
(I only put pictures on the front of each page, and saved the back for journaling)

From March 4, 2012

Pockets...behind every picture on a top page
I glued a 3x3 envelope--instant pocket
Then I used my AP cartrige and cut 4 tags, and 4 tag/cards
and put either a tag or a tag/card (with pictures on it) in each pocket

From March 4, 2012

I also created flip-ups for larger pictures
like this one.

From March 4, 2012

on the last page of the top album
I inserted this mini tag book
(note...only do this on the last page, because it makes the page really heavy,
and it won't flip properly if it is in  the middle of the pages)

From March 4, 2012

You can see that on the bottom row of pages
I used our journaling spots (Z1461) sideways--to create more pockets
I did have to trim about 1/2 inch off one end so they would fit the pages.

From March 4, 2012

another view of the album open
now all I have left is the journaling
and now all I have left is the journaling


Hope you like it and it inspires you to try making one yourself.
They are soo cool
to pull the ribbons and watch the pages flip




2 comments:

  1. Very nice!... I like the different ways you incorporated all those extra photos. Great job! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I'm so happy that my post inspired you. I absolutely love the pockets - such a cool idea! These are great books for incorporating lots of pictures - I have mine on my coffee table so I can flip through it whenever I want.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann