Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tuesday Tips--dry embossing

Dry embossing--what is it?
Simply put it is when you create a raised pattern on paper.  There are a couple of ways to do this.
1. you can use a stylus and stencil and trace the image
or
2. you can use an embossing machine & folder.
Since Close to my Heart carries embossing folders this is my preferred way of embossing.
Plus I think it is the easiest.  Simply put your paper in between the the front and back covers of the embossing folder and run it through your machine.  Below is a video that explains more about our folders.

   Now here is where I will contradict Jill, sort of.

I recently designed my nephew's wedding invitations.  
You can see the assembly line we had going below.  
And for the "cover" we embossed the whole top sheet.
However, I wanted the RSVP's to be a little more elegant than just the plain cardstock
So Amy, ran just the edge through ...

 And this is the result 
So, don't have to emboss the whole piece.
Note: we printed the RSVP cards before embossing
Although, I have embossed most of the page and it did "pucker" a bit.
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment. I love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann