Monday, September 15, 2014

Tuesday's Tips


This week's tip revolves around paper piecing, the art of building an image by layering bits and pieces of paper.  Most of this treat box was piece together to create the fall scene,

but I am going to focus on the owl and that tricky bit of attaching the hat.
Normally, this wouldn't be a problem because you could just glue the hat to the background paper, but I used 3D foam tape to have my owl perched on the sign. 
 First I stamped the hat and then cut it out
--leaving a bit of a tab at the bottom (see image below)
then I glued the tab to the back of the owl
and Voila! the hat is perched on his head.



Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment. I love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann