Sunday, March 17, 2013

ten minute cards #1

Cards don't have to take a lot of time to make to be pretty.
The cards below are quick and easy to make and can be adapted to any occassion.
I started with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 blank white daisy card base ( Z1476--$3.95)
then I cut a
5 1/2 x 3 1/2 piece of patterned paper (I used Buzz and Bumble )
5 1/2 x 1/2 piece of cocoa cardstock
then I picked my stamp set.
 I decided on "pun fun"(C1505--$13.95)  Pictured below.
   
The next step was to figure out what size to make the sentiment paper.
I went with 1 1/2" x 2"  because all of the images would work for any of the images.
I cut a few of these out of white daisy cardstock so they would be ready to stamp.
Then I cut a corresponding mat for senitment piece.
My go to size for matting is a half inch bigger than the piece to be matted,
so in this case it was 1 3/4" x 2 1/4".
Now to put it all together.

**adhere the 1/2" strip to the back of the patterned paper so only a smidgen shows
**then attach to card base.
**stamp sentiment
**mat and attach to card (you can use 3D foam tape to give it some dimension)
**add a couple of accents (I used the durable square studs)
And Voila!! You're done.

 .
Now you can start to get a bit more creative by adding other embellisments, 
 rotating the cards and moving the location of the sentiment.
Below are a few examples.




You can order any of the supplies to make these cards through me, either by clicking on the highlighted links or you can contact me directly to place an order or host a card making workshop.

You can futher embellish these cards by coloring the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment. I love to hear what you think. And welcome any suggestions of items you would like to see me create

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing....may 'borrow' some of your ideas for a card workshop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann