Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Six--Step it up, a mini ablum tutorial


A couple of weeks ago, I was a chaperon on a Band Exchange Trip.  Twenty odd kids from Thornhill Secondary School came to our town for a week, and then we went there.
When we were out about the town I had Six girls in my "pack"
 And (I hate to admit it) I am not very good with names.
So, I suggested they "sound off" the youngest was 1, the eldest 6.
At first the girls were a little hesistant about this weird request of mine,
and then they got to really enjoy it.
Where ever we were, I knew that my girls were all there
I would say "6" and they would call out their number
1,2,3,4,5,6

As a little thank you to them for being so great
and not giving me any more gray hairs
I made each of the girls a little mini
The bones of each album were the same
but the covers were all a bit different

Below is a brief picture tutorial of the project



 I used the dotty pack for all the albums
the basic layout for each page was the same
a
1" x 5 3/4" strip of dotted paper,
matted onto a  1 1/4 x 5 3/4 strip of desert sand cardstock
placed 1" from the bottom of each envelope

 I also "stepped"  the tags up 1/4" for each page
The one above is what I started with

page 1

pages 2 & 3

page 3 & 4
This is a little tip for creating multiple colored images
ink your stamp in the lightest color of ink first

 

and then sponge some darker ink onto the stamp
then

I used the above technique to make the "live out Loud"stamp a little more lively


Pages 5 & 6


and finally,
another of the covers for (you guessed it) # 6


1 comment:

  1. Love this-- I bet your girls love them also

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann