Monday, January 9, 2012

I am woman--hear me roar


I thought of this song, as I was cutting the hole for my kitchen sink....
and as I was fighting with the jigsaw I thought of my mother and my Aunty Angela
(both are now deceased)
I remember my mother asking my dad
....over and over to remove the wall between the two small bedrooms, to make it into one large room
and I remember my mother picking up a sledge hammer
and (you guessed it) making a huge hole in the wall
and that night the wall came down.

I also remember Aunty Angela telling me how she pulled up the old carpet in her living room
by herself.  She was over 70, and not in the greatest of health, but SHE did it.

And so did I.
The sink is in!
I am woman, hear me roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann